Media Me OWNING LOL :P

Tom

Here's a few pic's of me sailing at my club, lake macquire (newcastle CHS) and Nationals in the 4.7 in Geelong (Melbourne Australia).

Attachments

• sailing nationals o4.jpg
    sailing nationals o4.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 147
  • me owning 3.jpg
    me owning 3.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 173
  • rollgybe2.jpg
    rollgybe2.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 145
  • L337-2.jpg
    L337-2.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 126
when i was in 4.7 in that photo was my first 4.7 nationals in 2004(3rd overall) it was also my laser regatta in 4.7 after 1 and a half seasons in one i was 60 kg (heaviest in the fleet most others where about 56-58kg. After that i moved into radial at about 62-65kg and did the state title (2 months after the 4.7 nationals) then recently ive had a go in full rig at 68-70kgs (im in the full rig in the last picture sail number 163213). The difference between the radial and 4.7 i found was mainly power, alittle easier to throw the boat around and feel the boat, but the biggest difference i found was the upwind technique. The 4.7 is alot more like the 4.7 the sail has more of a 'flat' profile and the techniques are the same, the full rig feels alot stiffer and harder to move/throw/feel the boat then both the radial and 4.7 and is alot more top heavy downwind/unstable. But thats just my opinion.

Tom said:
The 4.7 is alot more like the 4.7 the sail has more of a 'flat' profile and the techniques are the same, the full rig feels alot stiffer and harder to move/throw/feel the boat then both the radial and 4.7 and is alot more top heavy downwind/unstable. But thats just my opinion.

Hey Tom, I'm interested in knowing what the 4.7 (or whatever) is really more like.

Thanks, Merrily

Ohh was in a rush to goto work and didnt proof read it sorry. Its more like the full rig. Sorry again.:p

Back