Masters Day 2

Esteroali

Disclaimer: I cannot be held liable for the accuracy of this report as my mind, body, and spirit are all spent.
It was a wild day with the winds mostly in the 15 knot range. There were many puffs way above that and some nasty lulls with no wind during the last two races. We got in three races in total. For every race I think there were two general recalls. The current was coming in and pushed many over the line. There were many down times between races and starts. I froze my toosh off. Since it was sunny and 60's it makes me wonder why people frostbite. Most off the day the winds were fairly strong and shifty. When it died it was a bear if you had in a jens.There were some great sleigh rides on the reach of the 1st race, modified olympic. We layer switched to W/L. This being my second big regatta, (I did Mid Winters) I learned alot. Mostly that there are a lot of really good Master sailors.These people have been doing this a LONG time. I recognize quite a few faces from last week, but the atmosphere of this regatta seems a little more laid back and friendly. I still heard some screaming on the course, not as much as last week. The park were we are sailing from is fantastic. Missed both social events so someone else will have to fill in. Damien

We should all remember that the race committee staff at these regattas are all volunteers. These volunteers spend all day on the water and then spend time afterwards compiling and checking and tabulating results until late at night while others enjoy dinner and socializing. Please be patient.

Back