Looking for Drainplug Replacement and Ideas

Discussion in 'Sunfish Talk' started by Light and Variable Winds, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Light and Variable Winds

Light and Variable Winds Well-Known Member

:) Actually able to remove a Sunfish drain-plug, I searched my local hardware store for a nylon replacement having the same ½-inch thread. They didn't have one, but suggested this stainless steel replacement. PA070024.JPG While I'm happy to have any piece of hardware to pre-lube and re-insert in those hulls where the drainplugs can't be saved—without destruction of the seat—I was wondering if anyone has found a suitable nylon plug?

Would this be a good spot for [modifying and] attaching a flexible drink-holder or mounting a compass or camera? Ideas?

2. sailcraftri

sailcraftri Well-Known Member

I have used 1/2-13UNC SS hex head bolt 1" long. I suppose you can find a similar nylon threaded part.

3. danpal

danpal Active Member

4. sailcraftri

I just ordered the package of 50. Paired with an o-ring, I will likely be looking to sell some of the 50 I ordered. Will be in in a week. 1 bag of 50 was cheap but shipping tripled the cost. Still cheaper than the $1 SS bolt I typically have used. Thanks for the link.

5. Light and Variable Winds

Light and Variable Winds Well-Known Member

I'd like to place an order for four—including one for a neighbor whose Sunfish I've borrowed over a few seasons.

Got a link?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2015
  6. sailcraftri

I received the supply I ordered so I can sell you 4 with o-ring. Contact me at cjo1023 at yahoo dot com.

7. sailcraftri

Here are photos...

Attached Files: