lines specifics

I need to buy all new lines for a couple of old Lasers (and FJs) I'm fixing up for my club.. I was wondering if anyone could tell me either the lengths of lines I need or somewhere that I could find that info (short of driving home and measuring the ones on my boat).

Thanx!!

:)

Hi Gillian,

All the lines you need for your Laser are avaliable from any Vanguard Dealer. The dealers sell the Laser club lines package and the upgraded Laser pro lines package. All lines are pre cut and to specifications. Or you could allways visit www.apsltd.com and look under the Laser section for the lines they offer.

Depending on how many boats you need to upgrade you may want to look into buying spools of line, ask for a spool rate discount and cut the line yourself. If you are sailing with the old style rigging you can use the same line for the outhaul, cunningham, traveler. I would consider 3/16" marstron super pre stretch for these. Then 3/16" Amsteel for the vangs if you want to get the loop purchases in them and the main sheet can be 5/16" Excel Marstron. Just copy the length recommendations from the Dr. LAser forum. These will be cheeper than the "recommended" Vanguard pre-cut lines and do a fine job for classic rigged club boats.

Rob B said:
Depending on how many boats you need to upgrade you may want to look into buying spools of line, ask for a spool rate discount and cut the line yourself. If you are sailing with the old style rigging you can use the same line for the outhaul, cunningham, traveler. I would consider 3/16" marstron super pre stretch for these. Then 3/16" Amsteel for the vangs if you want to get the loop purchases in them and the main sheet can be 5/16" Excel Marstron. Just copy the length recommendations from the Dr. LAser forum. These will be cheeper than the "recommended" Vanguard pre-cut lines and do a fine job for classic rigged club boats.
Just a little clarification on the good advice above
It's Marlow super prestretch and Marlow Marstron for the mainsheet.
Amsteel is made by Samson.

Back