learning curve

laser92719

The only sailing I've done all summer has been on my laser. Its been a thrill, yet extremely challenging to learn by myself, which is why this forum has proved so useful. The biggest payoff has been my rock hard abs.
Tonight I'm going to try to get on a J24 for a race; many of the laser fleet seem race J24's in the summer. Can I assume my sailing skills to be greatly increased since I've started sailing the laser? I'm curious.

laser92719 said:
The only sailing I've done all summer has been on my laser. Its been a thrill, yet extremely challenging to learn by myself, which is why this forum has proved so useful. The biggest payoff has been my rock hard abs.
Tonight I'm going to try to get on a J24 for a race; many of the laser fleet seem race J24's in the summer. Can I assume my sailing skills to be greatly increased since I've started sailing the laser? I'm curious.

You can count on it! Just don't be surprised when you try to let the J24's boom way out and you find that it runs into those stupid wires that run from the gunwales up to the mast. Don't cut them! :p Also, I guess J24s are undercanvassed or something, because they put this second little sail up in the front. It requires a lot of attention.

And don't be surprised when you find the J24 surprisingly boring, as nothing can top Laser sailing. Haha, nah, keel boat sailing's ok when you want to get a tan :)

Back