laser setup

jtown

I just bought a laser and I'm not sure what year it is. The last two digits of the serial number are 87 but it looks so new. Did they make a blue hull in 87. Is there a website that you can match up the sail number with the year. Is there a website that anyone would recomend that illustrates how to set up a laser any better than the vanguard website?

jtown said:
I just bought a laser and I'm not sure what year it is. The last two digits of the serial number are 87 but it looks so new. Did they make a blue hull in 87. Is there a website that you can match up the sail number with the year. Is there a website that anyone would recomend that illustrates how to set up a laser any better than the vanguard website?

Try this for the year.
http://www.lasersailing.com/boat-info/uk/introduction?i=07cac405d02d8e1352210bb0eceb9fef

I don't know if it's any better, but here is a link to Fred's rigging guide.
http://cerebus.winsite.com/fred/RiggingforLaser.htm

Merrily

Fred's pix are much easier to see than the Vanguard rigging pix. Vanguard should really improve the resolution of the pix in the rigging guide so when it's printed out it can be more practical for first time riggers. When I got my boat last year, I was on the cellphone with my local dealer and she talked me through some of the confusing parts of rigging. If I had had clearer pictures to go by, It would have been a snap. Use Fred's pix as guides, even though you need to decide which options you want to go with.

jtown said:

If it doesn't have the original sail number on the sail, remove the bow fairlead and you will find the hull number stamped under there. Check out the Laser website link someone else posted and it will tell you the year of manufacture.

Regards,

Matt.

Back