Laser Cockpit pocket

Never seen that. Interesting idea. Not sure what it's for though. Is it for food and stuff? Why not use an inspection port bag thingy? For water I just use a bungie tied to the aft end of the hiking strap, and a bowline around the top of my water bottle (it gets bigger at the top and bottom, so the bungie stays). I made the bungie a bit short I think, which means I have to be real close to drink, but it works well enough.

If it's for holding extra mainsheet I'm not even sure it would be legal.

I think its for in long regattas for you to have some snacks and a hat or something in if it gets cold etc.. but im not sure about it?

I think its for in long regattas for you to have some snacks and a hat or something in if it gets cold etc.. but im not sure about it?

I bought it and use it primarily for my water bottle. Works quite well for that purpose. Tried various bungee solutions and couldn't figure out anything to my liking (I don't have an inspection port). As for storage, you might be able to shove a hat in the pocket, but probably not a spray top. A pair of keys or a small radio would also fit. I am in the US so can't help with UK availability.

ahh ok cool, because i was looking at it as at the moment i just have a dry bag that i clip around the mast which isnt ideal. I need to try and shop around then to see if they do them in the uk, thanks for the reply

I had one for awhile but gave up on it. It didn't stay attached to the cockpit side wall very long (mostly from the constant jostling it would receive as I moved around) and because the water bottle strap is located so low on the pocket, and most of the water bottle is positioned above that strap, the bottle would always end up laying down with the business end in the sloshing cockpit water.
I imagine it would work fine for a small storage option if you didn't use it to hold your water bottle, though.
My final solution was to install one of those inspection port bags for snacks, car keys and phone (all inside a Zip Loc, of course) and for the water bottle...I end up wedging it between the loop of line connecting the back of the hiking strap to the rear cockpit wall. Not an ideal set up for racing, but plenty good for recreational use.

Back