Laser 8:1 Vang/Kicker

I use the 8:1 rig you linked to in your original post. The two ends are tied to the long shackle I placed around the vang strap to rig my Cunningham. Hope this helps.

If you are using the 8.1 sail I have found (along with another guy at my club who has an 8.1) that you really need the 16.1 to make the sail work effectively.

We did some boat on boat tuning and it very quickly became apparent that he did not have the same amount of control as me using his 12:1 versus my 16:1.

I have found the with the 8.1 sail you tend to set the outhaul and vang and then sail it by tweaking the cunningham aside from dead downwind when the technique is very similar to that of a standard Laser.

If you are using the 8.1 sail I have found (along with another guy at my club who has an 8.1) that you really need the 16.1 to make the sail work effectively.

We did some boat on boat tuning and it very quickly became apparent that he did not have the same amount of control as me using his 12:1 versus my 16:1.

I have found the with the 8.1 sail you tend to set the outhaul and vang and then sail it by tweaking the cunningham aside from dead downwind when the technique is very similar to that of a standard Laser.

I think you may be slightly confused.

He's talking about an 8:1 ratio vang/kicker, not the rooster 8.1sq.m sail

Back