Laminated course cards - a deck health warning

Strangler

Do you stick a course card on your deck? I have done this for the last two years - on the angled deck next to the plate. First year no problem. I took it off at the weekend to replace it with a 'bigger print' card- reading sight not so good. I found that water had got behind it [stuck down with electrical tape] and osmosis had occurred - small bubbles in the gelcoat. I guess it will not get worse if I don't let it happen again.
So make sure you either glue it down or make a good seal with tape and check it every few months.

I had this on 150600 when I owned it. I did find that by removing the card and leaving it to dry the bubbles did disappear after around 6 months.

Where I sail we only every use 4 or 5 marks to sail to so you can always remember it.... You should try a smaller club Strangler not that inland sea that is Rutland!

Thanks for the info Jeffers. I'll await the bubbles to disappear in this LONG HOT summer we are gonna have. That will save putting a sticker over it when I sell.;)

Inland Sea! Yea, 30 marks in the Southern arm alone.

Back