Kittyhawk Trailer Hubs

I bought some off brand bearing protectors (master lock brand) chrome plated size 1.98 and could not get them in. The trailer maker confirmed this is the correct size and suggessted that a stainless steel (non plated) name brand product be purchased. I had measured the I.D. with mic.
Anybody have this problem before and can anyone confirm the size?

I just checked the Bearing Buddies on my Kitty Hawk. I have Model 1980SS installed, and they seem to fit fine.

Thanks for the confirm. Got the B.B. 1980A-ss and the instructions mention the possibility of under/oversised hubs. Anyway if these fit I'll know it was the other M.L. buddies that were to big. I'll let anyone who cares know.

Thanks for the confirm. Got the B.B. 1980A-ss and the instructions mention the possibility of under/oversised hubs. Anyway if these fit I'll know it was the other M.L. buddies that were to big. I'll let anyone who cares know.

The B.B. 1980A-ss fit perfect so the hubs are correct and the M. L. brand are off/to big. Thanks again for the verification.

Ken ain't gonna sell something that's the wrong size. If the bearing cover doesn't fit, it's the knock-off brand and not the trailer.

Back