just two wheels, not really a dolly

dpiper

Hi Folks,

I just bought my first Laser last fall and it came with a big old heavy trailer, and a set of two wheels. (See attachment if I posted it right). I can manage to launch the boat by myself with the trailer at our club. But for beach launching, I tried the two wheeled thing and it was pretty embarrassing. The previous owner said her daughter used to use the two wheel dolly for launching on the beach, but I'm guessing that it took more than one person. Does anybody actually use these things? I'd like to avoid having to buy a new trailer or dolly if possible, so if anybody can tell me how to get by with what I have, I'll be very grateful.

Thanks

Attachments

• two wheeled Laser launcher.jpg
    two wheeled Laser launcher.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 66
no, I believe those are for kayaks and/or rowing sculls

Looks like you sit the transom in it and push the boat backwards towards the salty stuff.

I imagine it would fall off it you tried to pull the boat forward.:eek:

Am I right:confused:

on closer inspection even that wouldn't work, the wheels are too far forward.

HAve you thought of flinging it into the sea?

If you attached a heavy-duty bungee from the loop that is down by the wheel, across the boat and back to the loop by the other wheel (assuming there is a loop there as well - can't see it in the photo), then it seems like this thing might work & a bungee is a whole lot cheaper than a dolly!
I would at least give it a try.

Back