just bought a sunfish hull

dwaw

from an earlier thread i learned of the serial number on the transom, is there a way to determine the year by the serial number? also, i'd like to know if the flotation foam is eps (white styrofoam) or polyurethane pour foam? thanks

from an earlier thread i learned of the serial number on the transom, is there a way to determine the year by the serial number?
Yes, since Nov. of 1972 the Coast Guard has had three different Hull ID formats - what's the ID on your hull look like?

also, i'd like to know if the flotation foam is eps (white styrofoam) or polyurethane pour foam? thanks
Yes again - both. The flotation is blocks of styrofoam secured top and bottom by pour foam.

the serial # is SL130519H596. its in a rectangle in the upper right corner. i was also wondering if the boat was made with epoxy resin or polyester resin? do you know? thanks

the serial # is SL130519H596. its in a rectangle in the upper right corner. i was also wondering if the boat was made with epoxy resin or polyester resin? do you know? thanks
Hull ID - That 3rd character is an [ I ]

SLI = Sunfish-Laser, Inc.
30519 = serial number
H = Built in August
5 = Built in 1995
96 = Boat Year 1996

It's made out of regular old polyester resin and fiberglass cloth.

Back