Its that time of year again!

ChalmersP

Hello everyone! About every 3 years im in need of a new lifejacket. Ive been looking at APS and havent found much. I had the Extrasport RetroGlide Avenger, but they no longer make it, and I cant find it anywhere online, so im out of luck! :/ Their new designs seem like they are more economical than practical for sailing. I would just like to see what you all use as a life jacket, and also, what websites do you use?
Thanks!
ChalmersP

Call me old school, but I like my Extrasport Challenger. I've used one for years, and I haven't drowned yet. Don't know of any particular dealer, but they are still listed on Extrasport's website. It's the closest thing I can to the old Omega line of lifejackets, which I think went out of business several years ago.

I find in fairly comfortable to wear without encumbering my movement. I have tried some of the newer kayaking-style lifejackets, and I just don't really like them. I guess they offer more arm movement, but they have too much bulk on my chest and my back.

Hello everyone! About every 3 years im in need of a new lifejacket. Ive been looking at APS and havent found much. I had the Extrasport RetroGlide Avenger, but they no longer make it, and I cant find it anywhere online, so im out of luck! :/ Their new designs seem like they are more economical than practical for sailing. I would just like to see what you all use as a life jacket, and also, what websites do you use?
Thanks!
ChalmersP

This is a little off topic...but would you be willing to sell your avenger life jacket to me? By the time I realized that I wanted one, they stopped making them, and I've checked everywhere online and have not been able to find any! And as for life jacket recomendations...if you're okay with going for a non-USCG approved one, I would try the Baltic dinghy pro racer ones. I just got one and they're great...they feel super light on but have enough support that when you fall in the water, you will float. They're side entry like the avenger too, which is also an appealing factor. Also, they're not too expensive. Some of the USCG approved ones go up to around $140...the baltic is just around $70 before shipping (unfortunately they don't sell them in this country, so you have to order online from international sights)

also, there is this fairly new company that makes USCG approved life jackets: Harmony.

this link is of one that is side entry...it is the kayaking style i think, but it looks comfortable. Also they're 25% off right now...only $75!
http://www.harmonygear.com/products/441933/LP_6.6

Back