It's only in the spring, naturally

bjmoose

It's only in the Spring, naturally, when you've taken the winter off and gotten a bit rusty that you get conditions like this:

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Conditions at [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Apr 14, 2009 - 03:47 PM [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Wind [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]from the WNW (290 degrees) at 23 MPH (20 KT) gusting to 40 MPH (35 KT) (direction variable) [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Visibility [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]30 mile(s) [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Sky conditions [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]partly cloudy[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Pressure (altimeter) [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]29.92 in. Hg (1013 hPa)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]ob [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]KPAO 142247Z 29020G35KT 260V340 30SM SCT035 A2992 [/FONT]

I brought my boat to work planning on sailing after, but it does give me pause, watching out the window and seeing those big trees sway to and fro in those 35Kt (40mph) gusts.

WELL... thats not exactly an ideal cobwebs day... I don't know how much you sail, but I'd be inclined to pass on a day like that.

However... if your sailing on San Fran Bay... you're probably used to these conditions....

I'm impressed Steve! But if you are worried that isn't enough wind for practice you are welcome to head on over the hill to Montara where its gusting over 50 at the buoys... I'm happy to help you launch and watch your dolly!

:p

So I got down to the lake, and pretty much decided I wouldn't sail when I saw this:

attachment.php

If you can't tell -- it's an established tree completely uprooted by the wind. And then there was that little incident I heard on the radio, where a big rig on the San Mateo bridge WAS BLOWN OVER ON IT'S SIDE.:eek:

Maybe I'll go sailing *tomorrow.* Yeah, tomorrow.:cool:

Attachments

• IMG_0136.jpg
    IMG_0136.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 37

Back