Internal Leaking

SeanFish

1st Class Skipper
When I went to the garage today to check on my 1970s sunfish I noticed there was water in the hull and also the place where your feet go. The thing is I just dried and drained out the place where you put your feet. Upon further inspection I realized there was a leak from the hull to there. What is a smooth / professional looking way to patch this with? What product should I use?
-Thanks​

Also probably want to find out why your hull is full of water....that's undesireable at best.
Well my drain was broken (which is now fixed) so the cockpit filled with water and reversed leaked into the hull and is now seeping back.

Still puzzled because your boat was in a garage?
It looks from your description that water got into the footwell and that water leaked from the area around the bailer into the hull.

Nah I took it out and the footwell filled up (capsizing in waves and wind). I just replaced the bailer so I feel pretty good.

Nah I took it out and the footwell filled up (capsizing in waves and wind). I just replaced the bailer so I feel pretty good.
I hope you also closed the gap between the floor of the footwell and the hull; MarineTex would work.

Back