Interesting deck stripes

sailcraftri

I purchased this 2000 Sunfish recently which has a deck stripe I am unfamiliar with. Even some people at LP were unaware of this. I looked up the World's and it is not a World's boat. Anyone seen this deck color combination before?

Attachments

• SF2000-02.JPG
    SF2000-02.JPG
    364.6 KB · Views: 83
  • SF2000-03.JPG
    SF2000-03.JPG
    299.4 KB · Views: 68
It was a regular color scheme one year. I have seen two or three at various regattas. It was not very popular. For those who have not seen one in person, the yellow and white are gelcoat, and the blue stripe is tape.

I have read that some of the LP guys would try out wild deck designs at times. One guy had a favorite rugby shirt and made a deck graphic of the same design. Maybe the resin fumes get to you after a while and you want to think outside the mold.

Alan Glos

I have read that some of the LP guys would try out wild deck designs at times.
Alan Glos
Jim Kohler from the Dinghy Shop had a "center stripe" Sunfish that had a tie-dye look to it that the plant made as a one-off.

I have seen a couple of those "part yellow" boats. A guy from the Lewes Yacht Club has one. I cannot recall what the other color they offered that year was - I think it was a traditional diagonal stripe that was much more popular than this part yellow boat. Chris

Back