intensity sails

xkeller

Hi Guys
Has anyone got any feedback- Looking for new sail. I'm not currently racing but like going FAST :D

If you are going to race other lasers you better go class legal. Just for sailing or local racing mixed class/portsmouth the Intensity is a great deal. I realize that portsmouth ratings are based on any OD set up, but at the end of the day I don't believe they would know or care if you used a non-laser class recognized sail supplier unless it was more sail area or something different in siize that the class sail. From everything we have seen the Intensity sail is the same size, same cut, just different in weight or resin coating and lasts LONGER.

well if i were in your situation, i would find some north sails, or some kind of sail that is super modern, and then get whatever you want for that, then get another sail for if and when you start racing XD

I bought an intensity sail at the beginning of last season when I bought my 1st laser. It has performed very very well & since all my local sailing is in portsmouth fleets there are no problems with my using it.
I just bought a used North sail off the "for sale" forum and am using it for class events this year. Since I am well out of the top 100 NA laser sailors I am happy to use their leftover sails :)

Back