Installing mast wear plates?

lankster470

I've got a wearite disk and a carbo disk, but the directions on both just say to drop 'em into the mast step, and that's it. Shouldn't one be glued to the mast and one to the bottom of the mast step? How do most people install these things?

Thanks.

"Lightweight Carbo Disks protect the gelcoat at the mast step base from wear and provide the Wearite Disk with a smooth, flat mating surface for friction-free mast rotation. "

You're right, it is easier to find out on my own than asking on this forum. And the APS website didn't cry when I asked it for information. :)

"Lightweight Carbo Disks protect the gelcoat at the mast step base from wear and provide the Wearite Disk with a smooth, flat mating surface for friction-free mast rotation. "

You're right, it is easier to find out on my own than asking on this forum. And the APS website didn't cry when I asked it for information. :)

As it turns out the guy you referred to as "numb nuts" was actually correct. So, you did received the correct answer here first prior to the drama YOU created.

Good luck with those wear disks. BTW, (if you have not already figured it out) this is not sailing anarchy. Personal insults are not welcomed here.

Dear Mr. Murphs,

Please accept my humblest apologies. The drama I have created has caused a great disturbance in the forum that I fear will plague my posting days forever. You are not the one whos nuts are numb. It is I who has the frozen undercarraige.

With deepest regret and sympathy,

Matt

Apology accepted.

For the record: I have plenty of feeling in aforementioned nuts, it doesn't get very cold here

I'd say Canadian beer is doing pretty good right now considering your precious Bud is now, what, Belgian?

How does Budweiser having a Belgian overhead make Canadian beer suck less? If anything, being Belgian will make Budweiser better. Canadian beer will still taste like cat piss.

Also, why would you drink Budweiser when there are millions of cheaper, better cans of PBR waiting to be consumed?

Did they start installing the steel dics as standard in recent years? I thought I heard that.
If so, anyone know what year it started?

Is it class legal to glue a disk to the bottom of the mast...I DON"T THINK SO.....Class rules say 1 disk....

Part 3, Rule 19(a) . . . a disc of uniform thickness not exceeding 1mm in thickness may be placed in the bottom of the mast step.

As the preamble says, "If Part Three does not specifically allow a change or addition - it is illegal."

Sounds like one disc only then.

Part 3, Rule 19(a) . . . a disc of uniform thickness not exceeding 1mm in thickness may be placed in the bottom of the mast step.

As the preamble says, "If Part Three does not specifically allow a change or addition - it is illegal." Sounds like one disc only then.

My point exactly....US Manufacturer started installing discs or disks around 1994 +/-..

Back