ILCA 6 Worlds

Does anyone know something about the Bulgarian sailor’s sudden and complete deletion from the regatta? She was one of the competitors who are trying to get their Olympic country qualification here. (I am following this because another sailor in that group is from my neighbouring club :) )

Did some (re)searching already, which revealed some interesting background information (essentially a country-switching problem), but it would be great to hear if someone else knows even more.

_

Last edited:
...the competitors who are trying to get their Olympic country qualification here. (I am following this because another sailor in that group is from my neighbouring club :) )
YES, Monika Mikkola made it into the medal race and got our country qualified to Paris 2024 :) Now we participate again in both ILCA classes at the Games :)

Regarding the ”Bulgarian” sailor, she is actually a Russian who tried to get to the Olympics by changing countries a bit too late. Strange that no one noticed until halfway through the Worlds, though.

_

Back