I Know yall proly see this alot, questions

TeamOso

Hello all, Im 15, been sailing sunfish, and want to get into some competitive racing. Im looking into getting a laser, just looking for some info about how different they are from the sunfish. And if you all could point me in the right direction about getting into a fleet in CC, texas. Ive seen most are in other countries, but can this be found online? Would you all reccomend me getting a new or used laser?
What components make up a solid racing laser?
Its pretty windy down here, does this make a difference?

Well hope you all can help a little, this is a sweet site.

Regards,
Kevin

If you're transitioning from a sunfish, the first thing you'll notice is the laser is less stable because of the lack of a chine. You'll also notice that there aren't nearly as many sail adjustments to make.

I would go for a used boat- check the classifieds here. For a fleet, go to the international laser class website, then to the north american section, then to district 15. There should be a fleet listing there.

Hey there.

I too am 15 and I sail lasers at the CCYC. We have a Laser racing team. And questions, just PM me.

What high school are you at?

Read this thread I started. Lots of good thoughts and opinions. I ended up with 2002 I haven't sailed yet (hard water in NE), but I think it was just what I was looking for.

subscribed.gif
How to buy a competitive boat

Back