I got Problems

Glen

Hey,
1.Need to fix my bailer (will not close)
2.Dagger board keeps ridding up the trunk and is always 3-4 inches too high on beats, but I cant adjust it because I am fully hiked.
3.McLube DOESNT WORK!!! Anyone have any sugestions on making the clew slide easier on the boom?
****4. Rudder down-haul does not work, i have a purchase and it is pulled tight but rudder still is angled about 65 degrees instead of maximum of 78 degrees.

Can anyone give me any help on these topics?
Especially Daggerboard and rudder and autobailer repair help.

Thanks for everything

Glen

Here are some options/ideas for the board problem.
1)Try tightening up your shockcord retaining line some by taking out some length.
2) tighten/snug up the black flexible brake that sandwiches the board in the slot by loosening the screws a little, slide the break forward slightly (without the board in place), and retighten the screws. The board should move up and down but hold firmly in place when you don't push/pull it.
FYI: I have a similar problem getting the rudder all the way down using the downhaul line. The cleated line's purpose seems more to just keep the blade fixed down than to actually move the blade to a down-position. I'd like some ideas on that topic as well.
For the bailer, I'd probably do a good look see and finding either nothing wrong or something very obviously wrong pick up a new auto-bailer kit and replace the omoperable one. I think there are some things you can do to it if it doesn't close all the way, so check around some more for ideas on the bailer. Good luck with the repairs.

Regarding the bailer sounds like the o-rings have either jumped off their posts or broken from age. Take the bailer off (one screw in the bottom) and check the o-rings. You can buy replacements at a hardware store for pennies. Regarding the d-board check the W shaped retaining rubber by your mainsheet block. If its all worn down and UVed out replace it, if its okay move it forward. Regarding the rudder are you sure your line is lead up over the top "cross bar" in the rudder head? On your clew tie down use Spec 12 or other slipperly line and lots of McLube thats as good as you can get.

Regarding the daggerboard riding up - read this thread
http://laserforum.org/showthread.php?t=2279

I personally don't like just moving the break forward or tightening the shock cord. The shock cord to tight actually help lift it, and both work to wear out the front of the trunk at the deck.

The best clew setup I have used is a spectra clew strap. Since switching, I haven't used McLube. I use a shock cord inhaul as well. - search the forum, we've discussed it before.

i had to deal with the whole auto bailer thing too. it sounds like you probably had it open and set it on the ground. just take it off and check the o-rings.

thanks to everyone who repplied.
My bailer is fixed.
Daggerboard is lookin good.
Everything is great.
Much appriciated

Back