Media Hurricane Wilma laser video

I really enjoyed that. As a composer, and former freelance trombonist, I really dug the music too...who are they, local??

When I get my first Laser, I really want to rig a bunch of mini dvd cameras up to see what I do right ( and wrong ). I really had a good time watching those. Thanks for posting them..

Ray
Miami Beach

That first video boat could do with a rig upgrade. I give him props for winding it with the old school kicker.

.....same with the second... ;)

-K

Actually it is the same laser, a 1990 hull. I have a newer sail but have decided not to use it until the old one is completely trashed.

I figure sooner or later we will take it out in enough wind that the boat simply blows away, hence the "use an old boat" philosophy. Thinking of starting a Hurricane Laser Sailors Club (HLSC), 30 knots min for the Green Light :)

BTW, not just music gets re-mixed these days, one of our viewers Gary Friesen has "Re-Mixed" the Wilma video and "spun" the video whenever the boat flips to keep the cam angle upright. I should have that posted to the www.AdventureOnline.TV site by tonight or tomorrow.

Brian

Hey, include me in that club if your'e going to do it!!!...

I'm buying my first Laser in a month and live here in Miami beach...Maybe by hurricane season I'll have enough 'jam' to get out there and do it.....

Well, I WANT to buy it within a month. I had a hitch installed today, so I am looking for one now. There is a local Vanguard dealer here in miami that has 15 new boats in stock. He also is going to have some left over after the Orange Bowl Regattas for about $4,300 each..I might check those out.

Hey, nice videos, although the sailor could use some practice. In helmet cam video hes luffing sail but hes not hiking, may as well hike and go faster when boat is flat. and in second video going down the paths he hits bottom with dagger board, it just pops up all of a sudden, and his hand was on deck across from him. But nice video, i wanna see some more

For all you Trombone lovers, there is a video of New School Dropouts now on AdventureOnline.TV, the sound isnt that great, but consider it was in our local surf bar! Their new CD is also available on the site.

Great local band!

Havn't had the laser out much lately, hopefully soon!

Great videos!

I really love and wonder about the technical part. Which camera did you use? did you attach it to a helmet? how? and the bow? what kind of helmet? and how is the camera isolated from water?

Can you give some feedback and may be show some photos on the gear you used. I was very impressed!

Also, I liked how you managed the video. For my videos I like using iMovie and sometimes FCP (although a bit to pro for my taste) which video editing softwareyou used? Finally, very good soundtrack.

I saved both videos, I hope you don't mind.

Cheers, I'm looking forward your feed back.

carlos

Cenutrio said:
Great videos!

I really love and wonder about the technical part. Which camera did you use? did you attach it to a helmet? how? and the bow? what kind of helmet? and how is the camera isolated from water?

Can you give some feedback and may be show some photos on the gear you used. I was very impressed!

Also, I liked how you managed the video. For my videos I like using iMovie and sometimes FCP (although a bit to pro for my taste) which video editing softwareyou used? Finally, very good soundtrack.

I saved both videos, I hope you don't mind.

Cheers, I'm looking forward your feed back.

carlos

Carlos,

The camera equipment are custom systems I built. They are completely submersible and can be remotely mounted.

I use Video Vegas to edit, and try to use local bands in the soundtrack whenever possible, otherwise I use Acid to create soundtracks. Do a Google search to learn more about these programs.

Im now starting to shoot and edit in high def, a bit harder but the quality is awesome. The HD camera is not submersible though. Let me know if you have more questions.

Brian

Back