hull #150713

mlemieux1978

I'm trying to get some info on my new boat, #150713. Its class sticker with the number on it says it was built in Great Britain. the boat is ferrari red and i wanted to try to match the color on some repairs I'm planning on doing, but there is no VIN/builder's code on the transom. Does anyone know who the class builder was in Great Britain in the mid 90's? The color is a bit distinctive and i'm having trouble matching it. Spring has sprung and the season draws near! any help would be greatly appreciated.

mike

Performance Sailcraft Europe builds the Euro boats

http://www.lasersailing.com/

FWIW, unless they have used the same color in the past year or two, you won't be able to get the same gelcoat from them or Vanguard (Gelcoat has a 1-2 year shelf life) If you are trying for an exact color match and want to do it yourself, there are polyester coloring agents that you can mix in to change the tinting/shading... I haven't had much luck matching on older boats, but I don't have much patience either..

That's my old boat. I got rear ended in '99 and had to do a major patch job, (there was no way to salvage the VIN #) so I could sell it and get some money for a new boat, (since I had no insurance on the old one). We had to repaint the whole thing and I thought the red looked fast and found some left over color from a mate in the auto repair bus. I tried my best to keep everything suqare and light on the repair and I'm surprised it's still holding up.

Sorry man. I'm just kidding with you! I guess I should have saved this post for Sunday, April 1...

I'm sure there's nothing wrong w/your boat.

Back