How to Decorate my Laser for a Fancy Dress Xmas Regatta

GBR139438

HI all, our area is holding a small Xmas regatta, but the condition of entry is that its fancy dress for you and your boat :eek:. The regatta is on Saturday and still haven't been able to think of something festive to decorate my boat! Please can you give me some inspiration? I was going to turn the sail into a Christmas tree but then it was pointed out that i needed to be able to sail it still as it is a regatta after all :D. Any thoughts?
cheers

wrap the boom and tiller ( and anything else you can find) in tinsel? should still be fairly sailable

Defiantly should hire a Santa suit and wear that over your dry suit, might lose your deposit if you capsize though lol

h ithink as wll as wrapping your spars in tinsel, tape tinsel round the gunwale of your boat and anywhere else. maybe a huge tinsel streamer from the top of the mast.

Tinsel would be kind of messy; use garland. It comes in all different colors and shapes now too. There's also synthetic pine tree branches and ivy, etc. that bends into different shapes. You need some kind of tree topper at the top of the mast. Battery-powered waterproof light would be great, something from the marine store. If thinking of keeping Christ in Christmas, how about a plastic manger scene on the bow. If you have some kind of water proof music player, attach it to the mast and play Christmas music. Pass out fruitcake. Suspend some outdoor plastic ornaments from the boom. Just be careful when you tack. Change out all your lines for red and green ones. Paint a Christmas tree on your sail with fabric paint. Paint your boat green and wear a red dry suit. Don't forget your white beard.

Tinsel would be kind of messy; use garland. It comes in all different colors and shapes now too. There's also synthetic pine tree branches and ivy, etc. that bends into different shapes. You need some kind of tree topper at the top of the mast. Battery-powered waterproof light would be great, something from the marine store. If thinking of keeping Christ in Christmas, how about a plastic manger scene on the bow. If you have some kind of water proof music player, attach it to the mast and play Christmas music. Pass out fruitcake. Suspend some outdoor plastic ornaments from the boom. Just be careful when you tack. Change out all your lines for red and green ones. Paint a Christmas tree on your sail with fabric paint. Paint your boat green and wear a red dry suit. Don't forget your white beard.

Great ideas everyone but merrily; painting my pink and blue sail green would be to messy! i might get some lights though :D by the way what is garland? im probably just being thick though!

Great ideas everyone but merrily; painting my pink and blue sail green would be to messy! i might get some lights though :D by the way what is garland? im probably just being thick though!

Well! :mad: Tinsel on your tiller wouldn't be messy???? ;)

I'd think you would want to get rid of a pink and blue sail right away! :p

Garland is the tinselly ropes that people wrap around their trees.

Well! :mad: Tinsel on your tiller wouldn't be messy???? ;)

I'd think you would want to get rid of a pink and blue sail right away! :p

Garland is the tinselly ropes that people wrap around their trees.

cheers i was being thick :p
why would i want to get rid of my blue and pink sail?

Back