How old is my laser

brad94

hi,

i have recently acquired a laser off someone at my local club and was wondering what year it was. The hull number is 52437 and it is under the front eye for the painter and just has that number. I was told that it won a trophy in 1981 so it is at least 19 years old then and was from Hartley pool before then o i am guessing that it is pretty old.

hi,

i have recently acquired a laser off someone at my local club and was wondering what year it was. The hull number is 52437 and it is under the front eye for the painter and just has that number. I was told that it won a trophy in 1981 so it is at least 19 years old then and was from Hartley pool before then o i am guessing that it is pretty old.

Something weird here. Hull number 52437 should be roughly a 77/78 model, and should have an HIN molded into the transom.

thanks bjmoose 77/78 sounds about rite for the amount of damage it had on it, it is a full block colour hull if that helps and i will have a look on the transom next time i go down to the boat as i am in the middle of painting it.

I see your in the UK so the number will be under the bow eye, you may have to remove the eye to see all the numbers. Bjmoose is correct with the year 1978.

Laser told me my old boat 54668 was a 1978 boat. There's a table I've seen somewhere with the numbers and ages. I'll try and find a link.

thanks stuck in the 80's and Laser 173312 for that info. and if you could find that table Laser 173312 it would be good

my dad has a laser that is sail nouber 2354!!! its blue hull creme decks and is in excellent condition no huge chips! no patches of gelcoat or anything on hull!!! not xd but goes well with a full rig and beats brand new boats (lol) any ideas when it was built because the table on the link does not go back that far!!!

cheers
Jack

my dad has a laser that is sail nouber 2354!!! its blue hull creme decks and is in excellent condition no huge chips! no patches of gelcoat or anything on hull!!! not xd but goes well with a full rig and beats brand new boats (lol) any ideas when it was built because the table on the link does not go back that far!!!

cheers
Jack

Wow that is an exact description of my boat apart from that my boat did have a load of scratches, but you might want to check the bottom of the mast hole because on mine it was very thin and the mast had worn through some of the bottom!!

Back