how bad are these cracks?

groove

Looking at this boat and I am curious if these are something to be concerned about.... The mast step was reinforced about 3 years ago..

Attachments

• DSC00544.JPG
    DSC00544.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 107
Our club boat had cracks like that. the bottom of the maststep stayed in the boat, the deck failed. We are debating putting one of those kits in it........ or making it into a hiking bench

I guess this one has one of the kits in it..... The price is right though, for a n00b getting started.

My '84 has a few more than that and no mast step reinforcement. I've been sailing it all summer with no issues. That certainly is no guarantee the whole thing won't rip out tomorrow, though.

I guess this one has one of the kits in it..... The price is right though, for a n00b getting started.

That one looks like its had the bottom of the step reinforced, just like my club's boat had. The kit has a big deck doubler. the kit expensive and probably not worth it, imho. I hope the price is pretty low.......

by the way Taco, nice freaking shark with freaking laser beams on its head.

Not too bad, just gelcoat surface, try rubbing them with "white" silicone and they will disappear and also it act as seal

Back