How About This for Winter?

Class Rules, Part 1, 6(b): Competitors shall not wear or carry non floating clothing or equipment which in total weight exceeds 500 grammes dead weight.

How heavy are the batteries?

Nah - I'm just winding you up (mostly). :) If only it could keep my nose warm too.

I've also seen wetsuits made for surfing with the heating element built into the suit; the battery pack rests in the middle of the back. Being that it’s designed and cut for surfing, movement shouldn't be impaired, and since neoprene is positively buoyant, the dead weight of the batteries would be cancelled out and you wouldn't have to worry about pricks like Muzza crying to their mommies and the race committee.

BT

Muzza, if thats a picture of a NA-44 on your profile, you need to get out more with REAL sailors.

snip...since neoprene is positively buoyant, the dead weight of the batteries would be cancelled out and you wouldn't have to worry about pricks like Muzza crying to their mommies and the race committee.

Skip, what's up with that?

Muzza, if thats a picture of a NA-44 on your profile, you need to get out more with REAL sailors.

Not an NA-44. I doubt the Naval Academy would have me.

The avatar is a boat I owned for many years (between dinghies) but sold about 5 years ago. She sat on her berth for way too long costing me money.

Back