How about a regatta in Guelph/Toronto area?..

snipeguy

I'm thinking of doing a Laser regatta at our club in Guelph. Anyone interested? If so: when should it be? April, May or June. I was thinking the first weekend in May. We'd call it the "Guelph Lake Freeze-Out" or something. Does this conflict with any other regattas in the area?

And if not this year; next for sure.
Harri

snipeguy said:
I'm thinking of doing a Laser regatta at our club in Guelph. Anyone interested? If so: when should it be? April, May or June.

As you probably know, you are in District 3. Here's the regatta schedule from the North American webiste:

http://www.laser.org/mambots/editors/tinymce/index.php?option=com_extcalendar&Itemid=59&extmode=cat&cat_id=19

It doesn't show any regattas in April or May. I guess no one has gotten around to posting the Mother's Day event listed by 167542.

I've checked out the D3 schedule and contacted a few sailors in the area and it looks like we are going to try for a one day Ice Breaker type affair on April 29. Nothing fancy; as our humble lake is small and motorboat-free, we just do lot's of races (ten in one day has been done before) and maybe pizza and drinks after. People coming on Friday night are welcome to camp. We have tons of room.

Working name for the event is The Flat Water Freeze Out.

I'll post on the D3 site.

Back