Holt vang

zenith

Does anyone have the article "Understanding the New Holt Vang" from dr laser or instructions how to set it up with line lenghts.

Hi "Zenith",
read my TLF Private Message that I wrote to you.

For the Holt XD-Vang you need:
about 3,5 to 4 meters (Diameter 4 to 5 millimeters, "Dyneema" rope) for the 2nd control line
and
about 1,10 to 1,15 cm for the 1st control line (diameter 3 millimeters = "12 1/8" ", "Spectra SAMSON SPECTRON"-rope)

Ciao
LooserLu

Thanks

The thing was that I have bought the parts separately and was thinking about using a harken dubble block with it. By dubble block I mean the one that the 2nd line is connected to the lower vang block.

Could this work?

Thanks

The thing was that I have bought the parts separately and was thinking about using a harken dubble block with it. By dubble block I mean the one that the 2nd line is connected to the lower vang block.

Could this work?
Yes, the Harken "Micro XS" 16 mm double block with lower bail "HK 407" (that the one that I use for my Cunningham Control) is nearly/about the same size like the 20mm Holt "Dynamic Block" HA2023" (Thats the one that I have on my Holt XD Vang. To compare, you find the Holt block somewhere at the "Watski"-catalogue, Watski is at Malmoe/SWE). One also would be able to use the Ronstan "RF 20212".

Back