Hiking Pants

slalomskier

I know this has been discused before, but i am looking for some more info. I have always been told that hiking pants are one of the most important accessories for the laser sailor. Does any one have any oppinions on what is the best. I have heard the new ZHIK ones are pretty good. Also, suspenders or not, and 3/4, half, or full leg. Thanks in advance for the info.

Try a search and check the similar threads at the bottom of this thread....
Lot of opinions in those...

Tell us more about your sailing conditions, especially water/air temps, if you are sensitive to pain on the knee cap and you might get some good suggestions.

I sail in CT, and will be sailing EVERYDAY this summer :):D:cool:. I have SEVERE knee problems, (osgoodschlatter deseise, so i am currently using seperate knee pads, but i think 3/4 size would be good for me. I sail in warm and cold conditions, so i need some breathable insulation. I also sail starboats, so adjustible/removable battons look good. I have heard great things about the zhiks, and think they may be the best. The problem with them is that APS is the only place in North America that sells them, but they are backordered untill LATE JUNE :(. Does anyone know another place to buy them?

Thanks

If you are sailing the western part of LIS, you won't need hikers :D

3/4 are a good all-around choice especially with knee pain. Airprene is a little cooler in summer.

Shoot a message to Zhik downunder and see if anyone else in the US is importing them.

slalomskier said:
I sail in CT, and will be sailing EVERYDAY this summer :):D:cool:. I have SEVERE knee problems, (osgoodschlatter deseise, so i am currently using seperate knee pads, but i think 3/4 size would be good for me. I sail in warm and cold conditions, so i need some breathable insulation. I also sail starboats, so adjustible/removable battons look good. I have heard great things about the zhiks, and think they may be the best. The problem with them is that APS is the only place in North America that sells them, but they are backordered untill LATE JUNE :(. Does anyone know another place to buy them?

Thanks

Just wondering where in CT you are sailing...Besides the point, right now I am using Magic Marine Airprene 3/4 Length Hiking pants and they have been pretty good for me, I have used the SEA's before and I personally think they are a lot better.

I live in branford, (about 100 steps away from ycyc (yale corinthian yacht club), i wheel my boat down on her dolly when ever i have time. I also do some of the distric 7 races (175577)

I have the Zhik 3/4 hiking pants. They are fantastic and I have heard very little criticism about them. My only small complaint is that they could be more generous with the knee padding, but I think due to the skinny nature of my knees I would make the same observation with all hiking pants. Get the ones with suspenders; otherwise they'll slide down to your ankles.

I have SEA 3/4 Airprene pants.

Haven't had a problem yet. High quality, durability, and style.

The SEA lycra over pants are also very nice, and provide more durrability to the garmet, and take away those embarrasing hiking pants tans between the pants and the boots.

I just started using the waist lock airprene hikers, and I really enjoyed them my first day out in breeze.

They are comfortable, didn't shift, and very easy to get on and off.

got to love the SEA hikers

Back