Hiking Pants/Shorts recomendation

WPB Sailor

OK - I've been sailing all summer in swim trunks wich is fine - don't need any padding BUT unless I pull the draw string tight enough to cut off blood to the brain I have the unfortunate tendancy to show the crack of my ass.

So I'm looking for some suspender type pants or at east something that will stay up. Water temp in the winter doesn't go below 70 and I have a 60 degree rule so light weight is fine. Size wise (if it matters) I'm 5'9" 165#

Different folks like the various neoprene hiking pants. Zhik, Rooster, etc... Personally, I'm happy with my SEA pants.

Bustin' a sag? Yoga pants are an alternative to bike shorts. They come in all lengths and I assume they make them for men, too. Also, you could look for swim trunks with a longer rise.

During the summer I got a hold of the Gul Tech. shorts that have the 2 removable
pads they are real comfortable along with the Rooster hiking boots I was good to
go. APS had em for about 75 bucks I think.

Wow those gladiator shorts look like they would do, I could have saved a ton of
money ha, thanks 49208

I'm thinking of leaving my girlfriend for my Magic Marine Hiking pants... they're amazing. 1.5mm neoprene.. and they don't fall down. I'm a firm believer that crack kills while sailing.

I love the Zhik (rumor has it that the proper pronunciation rhymes with Mike) short...just the basic ones, not the hikers with the pads. I ordered those at first and couldn't quite get the hang of them. Swapped them for the Hybrid Shorts for summer and the Microfleece Shorts for winter (I live in Los Angeles) and I couldn't be happier. Whatever stuff they use on the butt area is wearproof as far as I can tell.

I love my SEA airprene 3/4 hikers which is perfect for hot summers. I don't have the straps around the shoulders but velcro straps around my waist so that my shoulders feel free.
sea-HP006_lg.jpg

Tom

I've worn the spandex knee length bike shorts for years. Mostly under hikers or shorts in light air. Your shorts might slip down a bit, but the spandex holds tight as long as the drawstring is tied. However, with the new Zhik gear I've gone to the hybrid full length pant for summer and the mircofleece pant for winter. I'll use the power pads with them if it is blowing and not when it is light. The butt pad and knee pads in these pants are great!

I just got some SAE 3/4 Hiking Pants with the shoulder straps and love them. I was out in big breeze couple weeks ago and the held up fine. Did notice them sagging a bit after some good time out, but i think it was because I hadn't adjusted the straps.

Back