Help with these repairs - Please

laser138450

I have got some pictures of various parts of my boat that i would like to fix up. Could anyone tell me what i should be using to amend these problems. Thanks :)

Attachments

• IMG_0336.jpg
    IMG_0336.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0335.jpg
    IMG_0335.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0338.jpg
    IMG_0338.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 60
All those look like minor bumps/nicks in the gelcoat - After you have removed all the damaged gelcoat (sanding/grinding) you can repair with white gelcoat, or you can use some thickenedr polyester resin and add some white coloring agent to it.

If you repair with gelcoat, make sure you know if you are working with the variety that will harden with or without PVA over it (aka in open air or not) .

You could also use any of the white fillers out there, such as marine tex, 3M etc.. easier to apply/sand/finish but harder to color match

Thanks for the above - really helpful :), but just a thought, if i wanted to get rid of the colour marks could i just gently sand paper them out and then polish it?

If the gouges are not all the way through the gelcoat odds are you can sand to the bottom of the scratches without making a dent in your boat.
if the scratches look black at the bottom or are deep enough to easily catch a fingernail>???? maybe not.

Back