Heart Rate/Cals per hour in different conditions

LaserBen

Does anyone know roughly what your heart rate/energy consumption is in differrent conditions i.e. Light, moderate, heavy air + flat water/waves?

I'm guessing a couple of you have gone out with heart rate monitors..

Hey -
I use my heart rate monitor for everything its the coolest little toy. The most expensive ones do not have just"light moderte , heavy' they ahve 6 categories.

AS far as the heart rate goes in different conditions I found
Light air- you heart rate is typicall low esp if you aren't pay that much attention unless u get stressed then it goes up slightly

moderate wind mine sits at about 120-130 depending on how much working thru waves I do and if I ahve ot hike- it typically goes up with down wind bc i'm a light weght and I ahve work my ass off to keep up

heavy air my rate rate is def in cardio zone

Energy consumption to give u an Idea I spent 6270 calories in the 5 day regatta at OCRs and the average wind was about 8.5 kts and averaging 2 races per day I think we had 10 or 11 the entire time.

hope this it what you were looking for

Hey -
I use my heart rate monitor for everything its the coolest little toy. The most expensive ones do not have just"light moderte , heavy' they ahve 6 categories.

AS far as the heart rate goes in different conditions I found
Light air- you heart rate is typicall low esp if you aren't pay that much attention unless u get stressed then it goes up slightly

moderate wind mine sits at about 120-130 depending on how much working thru waves I do and if I ahve ot hike- it typically goes up with down wind bc i'm a light weght and I ahve work my ass off to keep up

heavy air my rate rate is def in cardio zone

Energy consumption to give u an Idea I spent 6270 calories in the 5 day regatta at OCRs and the average wind was about 8.5 kts and averaging 2 races per day I think we had 10 or 11 the entire time.

hope this it what you were looking for

Very helpful :) Cheers!

The scary thopught about that would be>>>

Old fat guys who sail less efficiently might develop even higher heart rates.

Back