Happy Birthday, LooserLu!

Merrily

Administrator
Ludwig,

I'm not sure if your birthday is the ninth or tenth, but I hope you have a great day. :D

Janet

Hi Merrily,
thank you so much.

I know, from my TLF comments, sometimes here, one may think: "it's true he must be age 9...", but I feel already like age 10 :)

However, Merrily and all friends here at TLF, sure I have a wonderful day today, many thanks.
We additionally celebrate the 20th anniversary the East German Wall got open for all East German citizens.*

Cheers
Lu

*Here are some interesting details to this day, many here do not know, but are important history of our globe:
At 1989 Nov-9th, 23:20 p.m. Berlin time (UTC+1hour) at Ceckpoint "Boese-Bridge/Bornholmer Street", the "Stasi"-Commander Harald Jaeger decided himself, to open the gates to West Berlin for all East Germans there. He did that without any written order of his General, in reason the speaker of the East German government, Guenther Schabowski, at 18:50 p.m. Berlin-Time did announced officially at a TV press conference: "...beginning immediately, for all East Germans it is permitted to visit West Germany...". Schabowski wasn't really quite sure, if he was telling this correct. But, he said what he said. The next hours, many East Berlin citizens walked by food or drove by Trabbi- or Wartburg Car to the Wall. The pressure of the mass of this Citizens that did want to go for a small walk to West Berlin did rise up much. Commander Jaeger had no other chance than to shoot into the crowd or to peaceful open the doors. The rest is history.

Today Gorbi, Angie and Lech Walesa (former President of Poland and member of the famous former "Solidarnosc" trade union at Danzig) visit the checkpoint "Boese-Bridge/Bornholmer Street" to hold speeches and later on, to have a big party at the Brandenburg gate with the people of Berlin.
Without Gorbi and Ronnie Reagan (Bush sen. was elected 1989 Nov-8th), behind the scenes, the peaceful revolution at East Germany would have ended bloody that day, 20 years ago...

Okay this perhaps not is related to (Laser-)sailing? But let me tell you, without this fall of the Berlin Wall, famous GER Sailors like former East German Jochen Schuemann and others (f.e. Laserites) from East Germany wouldn't have had a big chance to join f.e. the AC.

Additionally, this day Nov 09th, has some very-very bad occurrences in the past at/for Germany. Google to this date to the wikipedia ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/November_9_in_German_history ). We also quiet remember to this and pray for a future, this never happens again anywhere.

happy happy happy birthday !!!!!!!!!
Happy happy happy birthday !!!!!!!!!

lu !!!

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Attachments

• Fiesta de la cerveza.jpg
    Fiesta de la cerveza.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 23
Thanks drLoser - Salute to Argentina!
One note to your photo: There are "Bavarians" shown at your photo and the strereotype says: all the traditional dresses of all GER's look like those of the Bavarians. True is, Westfalians like to drink as much beer as the Bavarians but additionally we sometimes add to this :"2x corn schnapps".... :0) In our traditional dresses, we look like those in the photos below (sorry, I have no "own" photo in such a dress of me) .

Cheers
Lu

Attachments

• Kiepenkerl.jpg
    Kiepenkerl.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Original Westfalian traditional dress 1.jpg
    Original Westfalian traditional dress 1.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Dülmener Wildpferde Fang.jpg
    Dülmener Wildpferde Fang.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 19