Grand Grand master

vamoose

Hello All
Sailed in a Laser regatta this winter in the Caribbean and loved it. Now thinking of buying a boat. Questions, In the Grand Grand Master group is it legal to sail with the radial sail.? Is it legal to sail in non masters group with a radial sail when the wind is up? In say a five or seven race regatta is it legal to sail with the standard sail in light air and switch to the radial if the wind comes up. In a regional or district Laser regattas do the standard and master have their own starts or do all boats start together? Reason for all the Questions, older legs.
Thank you for your reply
David

Hi...

From memory - although it's been a while since i read this, once you start a series or event with a particular sail, you have to continue to use that sail for the remainder of the event or series.

If anyone else wants to confirm or deny that would be awesome!

T

North American Masters events have been sailing under the following for a few years now, and it will be in effect for the upcoming US Masters...

The NA Laser Masters rule regarding the full , radial and 4.7 rigs will be in effect for this regatta. All rigs are eligible to race and will start on the same start line at the same time. Unlimited rig swapping is allowed, provided rig changes are only made ashore. Any age group may use any rig in any race as long as the same sail number is used. See: http://www.nalasermasters.org/2006_schedule.htm for details

In the non masters events at the local/district level , I am not sure of, but I believe there is some flexibility (Except for district champ events). At the Open (aka Senior) major events, you have to stick with the rig you registered with.

Back