FREE Super Sunfish sails and spars

dickloomis

The Canada Lake Sailing Club has 3 sets of Super Sunfish spars (2-section masts plus booms) and 4 Super Sunfish sails ranging from fair to very good condition. Many of the necessary blocks and tackle are also furnished. No travelers or daggerboards are available. All of them are available for free if you are willing to pick them up. We are located on Canada Lake in the village of Caroga, NY, on the southern border of the Adirondack Park. I also have a variety of Harken blocks I will include. Years ago we had a very active fleet of Super Sunfish sailors who have since aged and are now back in the traditional Sunfish boats and we would like to pass on our Super Sunfish parts to any interested clubs/sailors.

Alas. Someone had converted my Sunfish to a Super Sunfish at some point(still has the caulked over holes where the traveler was), and I was thinking of converting it back.

Hi Dick. I have a super sunfish. The sail was damaged. You could be the answer to my prayer. My grandson is visiting from Cal and I promised him some sailing on Lake Mohawk, Sparta NJ. We are going to Mass. on Thursday night and will return on Sunday the 6 Aug via the Mass pike and NY thruway. I can leave early and make a run to Canada Lake. Obviously, I would be much appreciative of a "good" condition sail. Please contact me via email at [email protected]. If it is a go, I will call you or you can call me to make final arrangements. Thanks for your generosity. Pete

The Canada Lake Sailing Club has 3 sets of Super Sunfish spars (2-section masts plus booms) and 4 Super Sunfish sails ranging from fair to very good condition. Many of the necessary blocks and tackle are also furnished. No travelers or daggerboards are available. All of them are available for free if you are willing to pick them up. We are located on Canada Lake in the village of Caroga, NY, on the southern border of the Adirondack Park. I also have a variety of Harken blocks I will include. Years ago we had a very active fleet of Super Sunfish sailors who have since aged and are now back in the traditional Sunfish boats and we would like to pass on our Super Sunfish parts to any interested clubs/sailors.
Do you still have any of these parts available? If so please contact me as soon as possible at [email protected]. I will be making a trip to Herkimer Sunday from Watertown and am interested. You aren't too far from there. Thanks.

The Canada Lake Sailing Club has 3 sets of Super Sunfish spars (2-section

Hello Dick,
I could be interested.
Are you at the sailing Club tomorrow, Sunday Sept. 4?
Have any been taken yet or are they all still available ?
Thank you
tonyp

Back