Final Sail of 2009

nesdog

Yesterday, I got a bit of time to rig up the boat for a sail out of Ventura Harbor. Temps were in the high 50's/low 60's and ocean about the same. Winds blowing 10-13 with the occasional gust.

I had on a 3/2 full wet suit and my never used before Aquafleece. Wow, that thing rocks! I was warm all day without a hint of cold, which often happens with the mild wind chill of Socal.

There was quite a bit of chop on the ocean so plenty of work. Really enjoyed the day and had a good 90 minutes of playing around. I'm looking forward to lots of days in the new year.

Thanks to all on this forum...I've picked up quite a bit of good information here and appreciate all that sharing/opinion/arguing!

Happy New Year and good winds to you!

This was my last sail of '09

picture.php

picture.php

Good man. Sailing in the snow is where it is at. Unfortunately we didnt get to sail today.... the snow was coming down in droves and temps and winds to boot... Hopefully next week.....

Hey GFinch,

That looks similar to my first sail 2010 (yesterday). Not so much snow but a lot of ice!

Cheers,

Paul

Sailing in the snow is great in the UK - the water temperature hadn't changed when I went out then from 3 weeks before, but you still wouldn't want to be in for anytime at all.

Haven't sailed yet this year. There's a frostbite scheduled for Sunday. Predicted high of 36.

No, I don't think so.

You guys are truly hardened up! I'd barely be outside, let alone in the water!
But what do you expect? I didn't actually see it snow until I was 30 and took up skiing!

Hats off to you.

I went down on Sunday, but the mast step had 4 inches of ice in it, no way I could sail like that. :-(

Note to self, sponge out the mast step after I sail next time

Back