Discussion in 'The Dockhouse' started by mental floss, Dec 29, 2013.
Received some gift cards for Christmas.
What are your favorite eBooks out there?
If you want some good fiction, read anything by Cormac McCarthy (Blood Meridian is my favorite-- very gritty). If you're looking for an easier read, I just read Gates of Fire by Stephen Pressfield (fiction about the Battle of Thermopylae in Ancient Greece), and it was pretty good... well-written, fast-paced, and entertaining. On the non-fiction side, I just read $100 Startup if you're at all an entrepreneur, it's a good, quick read. The 4-Hour Body by Tim Ferris is pretty awesome health/fitness book that I'm working through right now (lost 12 lbs and put on a lot of lean muscles mass in just a few weeks since starting the book). Lastly, if you're looking for something historical, I'd highly recommend Theodore Rex, a biography about Teddy Roosevelt... really good. Hope this helps. Happy reading!
My favorite ebooks :
· Hirohito and the Making of Modern Japan, by Herbert P. Bix
· The Penal Colony, by Richard Herley
· Illicit Flirtations: Labor, Migration and Sex Trafficking in Tokyo, by Rhacel Parrenas
· Snuff, by Terry Pratchett
· Aces High: The War in the Air over the Western front 1914-18, by Alan Clark
· Norwegian Wood, by Haruki Murakami
· Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World, by Haruki Murakami
· The Wind-up Bird Chronicle: A Novel, by Haruki Murakami
· Elia Kazan, by Richard Shickel
· The Adventures of Ibn Battuta: A Muslim Traveler of the Fourteenth Centure, by Ross E. Dunn
· Rashomon Gate (A Sugawara Akitada Novel), by I. J. Parker
· Consider Phlebas (Culture), by Iain M. Banks
· Cyberabad Days, by Ian Mcdonald
· Queen of the South, by Arturo Perez-Reverte
· Clockwork Universe: Isaac Newton, the Royal Society and the Birth of the Modern World, by Edward Dolnick
· Robert Morris, by Charles Pappleye
· Embassytown, by China Mieville
· Area 51: An Uncensored History of America’s Top Secret Military Base, by Annie Jacobsen
· American Gods: The Tenth Anniversary Edition: A Novel, by Niel Gaiman
· Blood Meridian: or an Evening Rendess in the West, by Cormac Mccarthy
· The Dark Side of the Sun, by Terry Pratchett
My Favorite e-books are Tom Gates’ Every thing’s Amazing Collection &
British Library Crime Classics.
Separate names with a comma.