DVD of crossing the Bass Strait

LooserLu

LooserLu
Hi,
yesterday, I got the new DVD of Dr. Michael Blackburn (one of the best pro-Laserites in our times), that reports about his great and successful adventure of crossing the Bass Strait in the last year (the Bass Strait is a sort of big channel between the oceans of India and Pacific at the southcoast of Australia / island Tasmania at the "Roaring Fourties").

Whow!
Thanks Dr. Blackburn for having the spectator part of your very special adventure. Really a great adventure and report also!

Of course, I wouldn't advise someone to do such an adventure, too, if he/she is not one of the "Top 15"-pro-Laserites of the ISAF-Ranking-List. But, this DVD is definitely something unique and worth to get a special place at the private sailing libary or to become "place 1" at the list for Mr. Christian in half a year. It needs a bit for a not native Englisch speaking spectator to understand the good advises of Dr. Michael Blackburn at the additional stuff that is also to find at this DVD, but using the "replay-functionality" of the DVD-Player helps a bit in that point of viewing.

What comes next Dr. Blackburn? Sydney-Hobart - Race, with a Laser Standard ;)?

Ciao
LooserLu

It appears to be available in PAL (european) format only at this point. I am no expert but from what I understand it needs to be in a different format in North america. NTSC I believe. A friend of mine says that it will run on a computer but not on a DVD player if its in PAL.

If someone does find it available in a format runs in North america though I would be very interested in getting a copy.

http://www.sailfitter.com/basshome.html

Back