DrLaser Access Ideas

Gerard

It seems that the website of DrLaser is not coming back soon, and that the doc himself is either into something else, got tired, or does have other plans with the website.
In any case, I found another way to enter an older version of the website. Someone else posted a message before that one can use the waybackmachine. However access has been blocked (by ?).
Yet, the copy of drlaser on the roosterwebsite is still accessible:
http://web.archive.org/web/20020210104009/www.roostergraphics.com/drlaser/core.html
or if that does not work:
http://web.archive.org
then type: www.roostergraphics.com/drlaser/core.html
and select a date (2002 is the last with info).
Not everything is accessible (you could play around with the dates, perhaps older versions have articles that are not available on the latest version). Still there is plenty of good info!

I would advice to copy the valuable articles to your harddrive, since this website might be blocked as well...

Gerard said:
I would advice to copy the valuable articles to your harddrive, since this website might be blocked as well...

Good post. Perhaps we can start re-compiling the website here? Would the mods be OK with that?

rock steady said:
Good post. Perhaps we can start re-compiling the website here? Would the mods be OK with that?

Most of the material is written by Shevy and therefore is copyrighted. We'd have to get permission to use it, and maybe pay a fee. Bradley already owns and maintains this site out of the goodness of his heart. . . BTW, thanks Bradley.

Merrily

Thanks for your kind comments about the site. I am glad you enjoy it so much.

As for drLaser: Shevy owns the rights to just about everything on the site (whether he wrote it or not). The authors turned over the intellectual property rights to Shevy to use as he saw fit. I can't post anything that came directly off an archive of his old site. If Shevy was interested in selling the content of his site The Laser Sailboat Forum would be interested in it along with the domain name. The problem is no one has an effective way to contact him. All I have is a [email protected] email which I'm sure doesn't work since his hosting of drlaser.org expired. He is alive, however, and in Turkey. That's about all I know.

Of course, If I hear anything from Shevy I will let yall know.

Cheers,

Back