Downhaul & Cunningham Control Lines Leading from XD Deck Cleats

LuckyJack

OK, sorry a bit of a long title there......

Where does everyone lead there cunningham and outhaul control lines to with the new XD Deackcleats.

I have tried a few different ways but can't seem to figur out a way of not getting them tangled.

First of all, I never use the side cleats so I loosley cleated the control lines on to the side cleat on the respective side of the boat (when the control is full off) to keep it away from jamming down the side of the cb, this seems to be of, however then ten to fall out when you sit on the cleat and you end up with a big mess of control lines and mainsheet in the fron of the cockpit (I kick the mainsheet to the front to stop it getting tangled in my feet, which happens allot). The other thing I have tried is to tie a bowline at the end of the line around the front of the tow strap however again this is OK but I still get the small lines caught down the side of the cb. I also end up with the control line getting caught up and being pulled through my mainsheet block aswell which has completly jammed it up on the odd occasion putting me in the drink (though has helped me perfect the art of dry capsize). What dos everyone else do?

Cut the lines and end them in handles. They will be far less inclined to get fouled in the centreboard case and be too short to tangle with the mainsheet.

I have all my control lines cut so that they lay right next to the daggerboard and not the cockpit. My bowline however is longer than the control lines so i just coil it up and stick it infront of the board which acts as a holder.

Back