Dolly Alternative

altair

Is there an alternative to the Seitech dolly? I see that it costs $370 plus shipping. That seems excessive for a piece of aluminum with two wheels.

Does anyone out there own the Voodoo dolly from Windline? if so, does the main section come apart for storage like the seitch dolly?

altair said:
Does anyone out there own the Voodoo dolly from Windline? if so, does the main section come apart for storage like the seitch dolly?

Not sure if it's exactly like the Seitech, but the Voodoo dolly breaks down into 3 sections: Handle, body, and wheels/cross piece. The best part: The dolly comes with a cleat near the handle, so if you own an older Sunfish, you can tie off the bow handle, making launching the boat a lot easier.

Over the years I looked long and hard at various dollies. Never could justify the price or get up enough ambition to build one myself.
But once I found I couldn't handle the Fish by myself off the bunker rack on my pickup cap any more I started looking for a trailer. Needless to say Because of the hull problems I've seen with most trailers it came down to modifying a trailer with bunkers and carry it upside down or a Trailex trailer which doesn't caary the weight on the keel.
Since carrying it upside down negatted me from lauching by myself it was the Trailex I settled on. The trailer is light enough to act as a dolly so I got a "toofer" Trailer and dolly in one. It's not cheap, but cheaper/easier than buying both a trailer/modifying it and buying a dolly.

Back