Distance??????

Does anyone no of any distance sails for laser that go on on either lake michagne or erie

The week following junior bay week, the I-LYA has another big sailing week. One event is a race to South Bass Island from somewhere on the shore, can't remember from where, and it's open to any class of one design. I think it's a 12 or 15 mile sail. There are also regattas during the week with some longer races than those of bay week.

The week following junior bay week, the I-LYA has another big sailing week. One event is a race to South Bass Island from somewhere on the shore, can't remember from where, and it's open to any class of one design. I think it's a 12 or 15 mile sail. There are also regattas during the week with some longer races than those of bay week.

That would be cool i have always talked about sailing out there for bay but they will not let you come early

This race is for phrf boats. Not dinghy one design. They have a few of these regatta's, they are the deepwater.... One from toledo, detroit, etc.

This race is for phrf boats. Not dinghy one design. They have a few of these regatta's, they are the deepwater.... One from toledo, detroit, etc.

OK, that's right, it's a phrf race, but there's a phrf number for a Laser, and they will allow Lasers to sail. I have asked before. The idea is to get boats out to South Bass Island for the week's racing.

Re: Distance Race

The race merrily refers to IS a dinghy race, Steeplechase, very popular with Interlake class. Run by Sandusky sailing club and PIB.
Will run separate start for fleets with three (3) or more boats

Hi Gaber!

Everybody is a little right here. I think that the Steeplechase is a phrf race and then there's one design dinghy racing during the week. I've thought about doing it, but don't know if my old bones can take a week of sailing AND partying at PIB!

Back