Determining Age of Boat/ Hull separation

Trying to revive an old laser and was wondering if anyone can tell me the year of the hull ser# ZFS477740577 also if anyone has ever seperated the hull from the deck and if I should attempt. Fairly handy and its probably 40% seperated already. Mast step and centerboard slot seem to be coming loose as well. Other than that its in decient shape. Thanks

This happened to my brothers laser, we were sailing it and when we took it out of the water we couldn't pull it up the ramp their was so much water. I don't no if you have sailed it yet but you have to wait for it to dry and separate the deck and the hull as much as you can without making it worse and then you should buy the West System Epoxy and just apply it everywhere on the inside of the boat, where you have separated it on the inside of the fiberglass. Now clamp the deck and the hull together, wait for it to dry and if there is holes apply more West System and then sand it over. This is what I have done to my brothers boat and it looks brand new just make sure you get this stuff everywhere you cant have enough where it separated. Don't separate the whole boat.
parkpark

I fixed a few areas of that joint on mine - maybe 3 linear feet.

Using a dremel, I ground out the joint maybe 1" deep and 1/8 to 1/4" wide. Then I mixed some fine glass fibers with epoxy and filled the cleaned out joint.

Seems to be holding up just fine.

My hull is a 1980

Back