Chesapeake Bay Racing

Jason Cosler

Just bought a laser stnd and my wife and I are looking forward to racing it on the bay. SSA in Annapolis is probably out of our range for the first season or so. I've heard that there's a nice fleet on the Magothy but haven't been able to find any online info.

Anyone have information/suggestions on where to sail, store the boat, etc in the Baltimore area?

Thanks!

How about West River Sailing Club? They are located in Galesville, MD and have a great little laser fleet. Contact the Laser district secretary JR Futcher. She will get you pointed in the right direction. She has a new website Http://www.laserdistrict11.org/ You can get her email off that site.

Jason Cosler said:
Just bought a laser stnd and my wife and I are looking forward to racing it on the bay. SSA in Annapolis is probably out of our range for the first season or so. I've heard that there's a nice fleet on the Magothy but haven't been able to find any online info.

Anyone have information/suggestions on where to sail, store the boat, etc in the Baltimore area?

Thanks!

racing near norfolk?

I too would like to hit the water for some racing. Annapolis is too far for me to participate with any frequency, not to mention that I know I would have my a$$ handed to me up there.
Locally, I know that guys race at the navy base in the warm months, but I can't get on base at present.
I have talked with some friends about starting our own thing and have even helped a couple people find boats, but nobody else is ready yet.
I am thinking of trying to do the Sunday afternoon Frostbite in DC that I read about in Spinsheet. Do you guys know of anything closer?
Thanks.
-Jack

We have started a fleet in Havre de Grace this winter if any of you are further north. We have around 10 boats so far. Sundays at 12:00 - anyone is welcome!

Back