carbon tiller length

nutzuns

My rooster carbon tiller appears to be shorter than the stock alloy item. Is this normal? If I stick it right to the back of the stock, its about an inch shorter.

i'm not sure if it is normal cause i have never seen one but it only matters if you like it. if you dont like it then you have a problem. are they the same length from the top of the wedge that fits into the rudder head or is it still shorter cause maybe the wedge is just different.

This is about 37" from the back edge of the stock to the middle of the UJ, my standard tiller is 38". There is still about a quarter of an inch for it to go into the stock too, so it will be noticeably shorter. Not tried it yet, racing on sunday, but will only be an issue if it means I have to get a new extension and/or makes the steering heavier due to less leverage - assuming laser came up with the optimum length in the first place. If it is shorter than stock, dont know why and it would be good for them to say so before you buy.

snap, ignore that Nutz, I just got home from the shop, should have measured a tiller for you instead of assuming you meant tiller extension.

Back