Capri Parts & Questions

c14_Glider

Hey Everyone,

I bought a B model 14.2 this past summer and am looking to put new rigging on it. Also is is missing the hiking straps. Any idea where I can get these parts?

Been reading thru the forums here. I really appreciate the information. I sailed this once last summer and had a capsize due to an accidental jibe (my brother let go of the tiller LOL). It then turtled in a couple of minutes. So I have now put some spray foam in the top of the mast which should cure that little problem. But this did bring up another question... by the time I got everyone situated and got around to the centerboard it had fallen back up into the retracted position and I had a heck of a time getting it back out in order to right the boat. After examining it once we were back in it appears as if there is place to connect a bungee or something similar to to hold the centerboard down. I would like to know what you guys suggest for that?

Thanks...

Capri Parts and Questions

There should be a 48" shock cord (bungee) attached to the centerboard that connects to the rear of the inside of the boat to an eyehook, just above where the rear hiking strap connects.

If you haven't already downloaded the Capril 14.2 Owners manual, it would be a good idea. It covers a lot about the boat rigging etc, as well as rope lengths and diameters. It can be found on the home page of this site as a .PDF file

Many sailers on this site have opinions about the best set-ups etc. But the manual will give you a good start. Search the archives for various rigging, capsizing traveler lengths etc.

Goood luck. Anthony

Back