Broken Tiller Extension

Txsailgal

I have a Fatso carbon fiber tiller extension that keeps on popping off the tiller.I've wrapped silicone Rescue Tape around it that lasted for a month then, it came off and I tried it again and it came off the first time after I wrapped it I would like to not have to buy a new one. So does anyone have any other ideas for attachment? Thanks!

So has the "glue" failed? Is there something wrong with the universal connector? Is the tiller extension cracked? Here's a link to Acme's site, where they tell you how to replace the universal: http://www.acmecarbon.com/ACMECARBON/repair.html

The instructions ought to give you some insight on how to do your repair, even if your universal is OK. I recently noticed that my universal was about to snap, so I bought a replacement. I have yet to do follow these instructions, so don't know how tough it is.

Great website! I've looked and, my extension has pieces that have cracked off in the inside so its not holding the tiller. My extension does not have the same universal as pictured on the website but I can try gluing and taping them the same way they said. Hopefully this works! Thanks again!

I had a Acme tiller extension break on me last spring. The Acme guys were phenominal. I had to send the extension back to them in Oregon, but they returned it within a week and in time for the Pete Milnes Regatta!!! I was nothing but impressed by the response and service from Acme!! They earned my buisness for life!!!!!!

Back