Broken pully

DaveGram

Anyone willing to help out a rookie? Someone gave me a very old, beat-up Sunfish. I'm teaching myself how to use it and am weak on terminology, but here goes:

Along the lower boom there are two metal loopes riveted into the boom. Each has a ring through it, part of a piece that goes through the top of a pully. On the intact setup, closer to the bow, the piece in question ends with a disk inside the pully bracket that holds the two together while allowing the pully to swivel. On the broken one, the ring remains through the metal loop attached to the boom, but the 'T' that goes to the disk has broken off, detaching the pully from the boom and leaving the other pully, up toward the base of the mast, as the only point of contact between the main sheet (That's the line that controls the boom, right, as opposed to the halyard, which raises the sail?) and the boom. What's the nautical term for bummer?

Can anyone picture what I'm talking about and tell me what this little (broken) part is called? Anyone know where to get a replacement?

Thanks!

Back