Broke my tiller extension joint

pocopop

Today was my first day as a laser owner, had a great day sailing :) but managed to break the tiller extension joint when it got jammed behind the boom as I tacked :(. I was able to slide the old joint out of the tiller so it definitely is meant to be replaced:). LayLine has a Forespar Speed Lock Kit that looks a little like what I need but not exactly. There are no markings on the tiller itself, and the extension just says "RWO" on one end. I believe these are the original tiller and extension that came with the boat, which is a 1994 standard Laser.

Anybody know how to tell what I need, or where to get it? TIA.
Ken

pocopop said:
Today was my first day as a laser owner, had a great day sailing :) but managed to break the tiller extension joint when it got jammed behind the boom as I tacked :(. I was able to slide the old joint out of the tiller so it definitely is meant to be replaced:). LayLine has a Forespar Speed Lock Kit that looks a little like what I need but not exactly. There are no markings on the tiller itself, and the extension just says "RWO" on one end. I believe these are the original tiller and extension that came with the boat, which is a 1994 standard Laser.

Anybody know how to tell what I need, or where to get it? TIA.
Ken

It's called a "universal", should be APS part number R0840.

See it here and click on the enlarged picture. http://www.apsltd.com/Tree/d3000/e1265.asp#

Here's to many more days of great sailing!

Merrily

Any of the displacment rubber type universals is best for a Laser I have been using a Sea Sure one for about 8 years (no longer available) there are no dead spots that will cause a break. They just wear out eventually.

Back